Thrift store retailer increase sales through print & video advertising
Historically, our client depended on traditional media to engage with their audiences and to drive more sales and engagement to their stores. As trends shifted, the client saw a need for more consistent digital marketing efforts to frequently drive site/store traffic, and increase sales year over year.
- Increase redemptions of quarterly coupon promotion
- Increase brand awareness and engagement with thrift store retailer’s shopping and donating locations and educating people on who their donations benefit
Our strategy consisted of two phases, phase one was a digital campaign to promote the thrift store retailer’s quarterly coupon promotion. Phase two was a brand awareness campaign:
- Display: Targeting of potential shoppers based on the overlapping of 1st and 3rd party data and the CRM (customer relationship management) data that the retailer had provided.
- Email Marketing: the coupon was featured in a weekly promotional email that highlights deals.
- Print: Coupons were also distributed through print during higher circulation days, driving interest in the promotion to the more traditional audience.
- Video: Created videos were targeted towards the identified audience and engagement.
- Video: Targeted video that highlighted shopping coupons, donation locations, and the retailer’s social media.
- Display: A wider target was cast to generate brand awareness and interest through display ads.
- Content Marketing: Focused on where the thrift store retailer’s dollars go and promoted the organization.
- SEO: An ongoing focus on increasing organic search results.
INCREASE IN COUPON REDEMPTION RATE FROM 2015 FOR AN INCREASE IN ROI (RETURN ON INVESTMENT) FROM SALES OF 87% IN Q1-2016.
INCREASE IN COUPON REDEMPTION RATE FROM 2015 FOR AN INCREASE IN ROI FROM SALES OF 385% IN Q2-2016.
ADDITIONAL VISITORS TO THE THRIFT STORE RETAILER’S WEBSITE, INCREASING THEIR BRAND AWARENESS.